Pregnancy and Birth Resources
- Eternal Om - Dick Sutphen
- Longtime Sunshine - Aykanna
- Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band
- Steven Halpern
- Michael H Cohen - Kirtan chants
- Lokah samasta sukihno bhavantu - “May all beings be happy and free” - Angela Fischetti version is my fave
- VishokaVa Jyotishmati - “Stabilize your mind by focusing on that which is peaceful and full of light”
- Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha - A mantra to Ganesh for the removal of obstacles
- http://www.vedicchantcenter.org/ is a great resource for Vedic chants
- Apana Mudra– This mudra is beneficial during labor to help facilitate contractions. It can also be used to help with pain and coping. Bring the tip of the thumb to meet the middle and ring fingers, the pointer finger and pinky fingers stay straight.
- Gyan Mudra– Represents nesting, starting a home or clearing the mind. Bring the tip of the thumb to the tip of the pointer finger. The middle, ring and pinky fingers stay extended.
- Aakash Mudra– Can be used when setting intentions for your day or pregnancy to help you stay positive and healthy. Touch the tip of the middle finger and the thumb together on each hand. The pointer, ring and pinky fingers stay extended.
- Pushan Mudra – Is a good mudra for nausea! The two hands hold different positions; Left hand is in Apana Mudra (see above), the Right hand holds the thumb against the tip of the pointer finger and middle finger. Tops of the hands face earth, fingers face midline.
- Baby Bod - Marianne Ryan PT, OCS
- Birthing from Within - Pam England
- Iyengar Yoga for Motherhood - Geeta S. Iyengar and Rita Keller
- The Wild Feminine - Tami Lynn
- Yoni Shakti - Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Nirlipta Tuli
- Your Amazing Newborn - Marshall H. Klaus